Network security is concerned with granting access to a network to the authorized users, and denying access to a network by the unauthorized users.
It encompasses the actions to prevent attacks from viruses, worms, and Trojan horses; spyware and adware; zero-day/zero-hour attacks; hacker attacks; denial of service attacks; data interception and theft, and identity theft. A network security consists of many hardware and software components.
Major job providers for network security professionals are financial institutions and banks, internet service providers, pharmaceutical companies, government and defense agencies, and multinational corporations. Administrator – Network & Security, Network Security Engineer, Technology Expert – Network Security, Network Security Analyst, Network Security Specialist, and Network Security Manager are some of the popular job openings in this domain.
WHO CAN ENROLL?
Network Engineering Routing & Switching
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- Fundamentals of Network Security & types of Security Threats
- Securing Management Plane – AAA using ACS Server, RBAC
- Firewall Technologies – Zone based firewall
- Adaptive Security Appliance(ASA)
- IPsec Site-to-site VPN and Remote Access VPN ‒ Clientless and AnyConnect VPN
- Layer 2 attacks – Port Security, VLAN Security and Mitigation Procedures
- Intrusion Prevention System Deployment
- Email-based and Web based threats